When you imagine that montage of some part of your life, what music is playing? Is there a particular ring tone others assign to you in their phones? When you're playing a sport, going for a long run, about to take on the world, what song is on repeat in your skull and cranked to volume 11? When they carry your coffin what song will be playing? This month's Living Out Loud project is all about your personal theme music. And don't tell me you don't have one. Everyone has one, it just may not play very loud. But there has to be something that plays in your head at key moments in your life.
I've been reading a lot of "birth plans" lately in preparation for our little guy's big arrival and a lot of them talk about what music you might want to have playing while you're in labor. And while I don't think our son needs to burst forth into this world to Queen's Don't Stop Me Now, it does give me a lot to think about on how powerful music can be.
So tell us what music we should be humming when we see you walking down the street. Tell us what makes this song (or songs if it's a particularly long street) so special. And strut your stuff.
- Write something personal about yourself using the previous paragraphs as a guideline. Do not feel that you have to address each question above. The spirit of this project is to share something about yourself; I'm just throwing out ideas.
- It's by no means required, but feel free to include a link to the song or music video if possible. It's always helpful for context in case we weren't raised on the same music you were.
- Once you have completed your entry and posted it, please email me the link at genie [at] inabottle [dot] org.
- If you do not have a blog to host your story, you can email me the story directly and I will add it here as a guest post giving you credit. The more the merrier!
- The due date for entries is Sunday, October 4th (the first Sunday of the month) at 5pm Eastern.
- Once I have collected all the entries, I will post a wrap-up to list them all and announce a winner. The winner will receive some sort of prize to be determined but all participants will receive fame and glory and a link on our Living Out Loud blogroll.
Go forth and sing it loud and proud!