Man, this whole writing thing is tough! You know? Which actually scares me just a little that I plan on writing every day in November for NaBloPoMo again this year. I did it with a newborn! Then again he slept all the time then versus running around the house meowing at the cats and resisting nap time. But I do have a theme for Living Out Loud! I've had it since the last one was posted but haven't been able to think of the right way to explain it. So we'll see how this goes.
Tell us what your vice is. What's your bad habit? Or if applicable, who is your bad habit? (I always think of my friend who said that a guy was Her Favorite Mistake like the Sheryl Crow song.)
You don't need to get all biblical on us, picking one of big seven deadly ones. I knew a guy once who was vegan but every October would sneak off to eat Tootsie Rolls where his vegan girlfriend couldn't find them.
Since wikipedia reminded me that vice is the opposite of virtue, maybe your vice is that you don't return the shopping carts to their corrals in the parking lot or you don't recycle.
- Write something personal about yourself using the previous paragraphs as a guideline. Do not feel that you have to address each prompt above. The spirit of this project is to share something about yourself; I'm just throwing out ideas.
- Once you have completed your entry and posted it, please email me the link at genie [at] inabottle [dot] org. Remember, if you don't email me, I'm likely to forget to include you in the recap!
- If you do not have a blog to host your story, you can email me the story directly and I will add it here as a guest post giving you credit. The more the merrier!
- The due date for entries is Sunday, November 7th (the first Sunday of the month) at 5pm Eastern.
- Once I have collected all the entries, I will post a wrap-up to list them all and announce a winner. The winner will receive some sort of prize to be determined but all participants will receive fame and glory and a link on our Living Out Loud blogroll.
Every character has a flaw. Even the Pope probably has neglected to change the toilet paper roll on occasion. So let us in on your secret.